This page has been designed as a review for students who took my first class. The links take you to videos or websites with specific steps on how to do a particular task. Watch the videos as often as you wish. Some of the videos give you extra tips and tricks that I do not have time to cover in class. If you find a link doesn’t work, please alert me. The majority of the videos are around 3 minutes long.
Because there are so many IOS systems, these videos may not work for the one you are using. Go to youtube.com, and enter “iPad IOS 11 control center tutorial”, or password tutorial or whatever tutorial.
Click on the green links below to get to the website or watch the videos on specific tasks covered in class. Some of the screens may look different if you have IOS 7 or IOS 8.
3. Add someone to contacts from email: Click on the ‘From’ name
4. Insert photo into email: hold finger down in body of email
5. Search for an email: In your email inbox
7. Airdrop: Share files from one Apple device to another Apple device wirelessly. There is currently no size restriction to how large a file can be sent over AirDrop, Two computers/iPads have to be within 10 meters of each other for AirDrop to recognize the other device. Click HERE for setting up and use.
8. Personalize your iPad:
- Launch the Settings app from your iPhone or iPad Home screen.
- Tap on Wallpaper.
- Tap on Choose a New Wallpaper. …
- Tap the type of wallpaper you would like to use: …Use STILLS versus DYNAMIC option, it uses less battery power.
- You can choose from STILLS or you can choose from your own photos.
- Select your new wallpaper to see what it looks like.
- You can se it for the lock screen, the home screen, and both.
- Use CANCEL on the left to go back to the options.
9. Setting a passcode:
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode. …
- Tap Turn Passcode On.
- Enter a six-digit passcode. …
- Enter your passcode again to confirm it and activate it.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: Your iPad encrypts the data if you set the passcode. Use a number you can easily remember.
- Make sure that the Home button and your finger are clean and dry.
- Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, then enter your passcode.
- Tap Add a Fingerprint and hold your device as you normally would when touching the Home button.
- Touch the Home button with your finger—but don’t press.